Wednesday 20 April 2011

WHAT GLORIOUS WEATHER FOR POUNDING THE PAVEMENTS

I can't believe how the wonderful the weather has been over these last few days.  Given how thin my hair is on top, I should really be wearing a hat when out delivering the leaflets.  Normally I'd wear a baseball cap if I was out in the midday sun on holiday but I don't want to have a "William Hague Moment" on the streets of the Claydon & Barham Ward.  And introducing myself as the Conservative candidate then doing a Benny Hill salute would hardly be a vote winner, would it?!?

Today I had to take my son up to Debenham Leisure Centre as he was booked on a four hour badminton course but having dropped him off, I was able to get away for a couple of hours and deliver leaflets in the peaceful village of Hemingstone.  It was just like a perfect midsummer's day and it was a delight to walk around the village. I'm always a bit wary of dogs when out in the more rural parts of the ward but today there were no problems.

Later, as a family, we delivered in Claydon village.  Just as we were finishing, my wife waved to a passing car. I'd been deep in thought and hadn't noticed who it was - but my wife recognised the car as belonging to my LibDem opponent.  Glorious driving weather too!

No comments:

Post a Comment